Nicole Faires is an expert on sustainability and food policy and is the author of The Ultimate Guide to Natural Farming and Sustainable Living and the bestselling Ultimate Guide to Homesteading. She is also the author of Food Confidential, a critique of the corporate takeover of food production in America. Her next book is The Ultimate Guide to Urban Farming, available for pre-order now.
- She was a marketer for over fifteen years, specializing in helping artists, authors, musicians, small farmers, crafters, artisans, and non-profits.
- As a farmer she managed a CSA delivering over 100 home deliveries a week from only two acres of land.
- She believes in self-reliance, sustainable design and babies.
- She believes in collecting skills as a part of her family’s preparedness plan.
- She once lived in a converted school bus for a total of two years without running water.
- She is the mother of four children, three girls and a boy. Two of them were born at home.
- She believes that being self-reliant doesn’t mean you have to hate technology. Technology is either a blessing or a curse.
- Self-reliance people tend to lean hard politically in one direction or the other and Nicole’s books appeal to liberal hippies as well as conservative gun owners. She is not American and does not belong to either group, but supports both in having in having the same goals.